Disaster Recovery Response
Tropical Storm Imelda Response
Ways to Help
1. PRAY. We know the power of prayer. We know that prayers sustained us when we were too tired, scared, overwhelmed, angry and everything in between.
2. We will be assembling Flood Buckets to add to the leftover ones that we have. You may bring additional supplies throughout the week and on Sunday 9/23. After worship we will assemble what we’ve got. They will be sent to UMCOR Wednesday of the following week.
3. If you would like to write letters of encouragement, prayers, etc. I have names of churches that have been hit. You may remember the comforting words that came in from across the nation in the weeks following Harvey.
4. Donate to UMCOR Hurricane Relief. You may give cash or check (made out to the church with memo line UMCOR) and we will send it on.
Cleaning Kit Supplies
· One five-gallon round bucket with re-sealable lid (14.35” h x 12.19” w x 12.19” d) No screw lids. May be used but must be free from all residual product. Advertisements on the outside acceptable
· One 32-64 oz. bottle liquid laundry detergent
· One 16-40 oz. bottle liquid concentrate household cleaner. No spray cleaners
· One 16-34 oz. bottle dish soap
· One 4-8 oz. pump spray air freshener (three solid, or three gel fresheners also acceptable)
· One 6-14 oz. pump spray insect repellent (pack of 10-20 wipes also acceptable). Pump spray bottles must have protective covers
· One scrub brush (with or without handle)
· 18 re-useable cleaning wipes, no terrycloth, microfiber or paper towels
· Five scouring pads sponges, (no stainless steel pads with soap in them)
· 36-50 clothespins
· One 50-100 ft. clothesline (cotton or plastic line)
· 24 roll of heavy-duty trash bags (33-45 gallon sizes)
· Five N95 particulate respirator dust masks (1-3 mm thickness) (no surgical masks)
· Two pairs kitchen gloves (durable for multiple uses)
· One pair work gloves (cotton with leather palm or all leather)